There are lots of benefits in using essential oil diffuser especially ultrasonic or electrical one. Oil diffusers are relatively new in the market, but owing to it’s health benefit, many people have started using it lot and it’s becoming quite popular among the people who are quiet conscious about their health.
So why it’s worth investing in one of these modern gadgets, sometimes up to $100 even? Well, it is very comfortable and practical, and it’s easy to use than the oil burner. Plus it’s much safer as well. We all know how dangerous it could be to leave candles unattended. With the electric oil diffuser this problem will never happen.
You can simply leave your gadget plugged in the wall during the entire day or night and nothing bad will happy. The aromatherapy oils will get released constantly in the air giving you constantly fresh and healing particles to inhale.
Benefits Of Ultrasonic Oil Diffusers
- Long lasting
- Stress reducing
- Overall therapeutic
So let’s talk about some of the most popular and best selling oil diffusers in UK today and see why they are that popular in the first place.
Aura Cacia Diffuser – Aromatherapy Vaporizer with Oil
The AuraCacia is a very popular electric essential oil diffuser. This particular model comes with a small bottle of oil as well. My diffuser came with a 0.15 ml bottle of lavender oil (I love lavender btw, so I was quite happy that this was the oil I got). The diffuser is extremely easy to use and it’s as sturdy as it gets. In fact my AuraCacia outlasted several others that I bought by a long time.
To use this unit you simply add 1-2 drops of your favorite oil (personally I like to make my own blend for aromatherapy benefits), plug in the device and simply enjoy the healing fragrance coming through.
There is something I especially love about this particular diffuser. I like to meditate every day and have the diffuser on during my meditation. The gadget emits a very slow white noise (background noise) which is perfect for falling deeper into a meditative state. Some people like to use a fan for generating this noise, but I find the fan way too strong and noisy. The difuser is just perfect for my purpose of meditation!
Wyndmere Electric Aromatherapy Diffuser
The Wyndmere diffuser is the one I bought initially and I have to say I’ve very happy with it. It doesn’t cost a fortune (I think it’s still priced at around $20 or so) and it’s extremely practical and convenient to use. I’ve tried many diffusers over the year and I find that this is one of those that actually disperse the fragrance quite nicely in the room.
When you use it for the first time you will notice that it takes about 10 minutes or so to start feeling the smell in the air, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t feel it within the next 2 minutes, as it takes its time. But once you do feel it, you’ll have the nice aroma in your nostrils for pretty much the whole time.
The gadget is quite small and compact and it’s very portable so you can simply unplug it, take it with you wherever you go and plug it in again. Perfect for home and office.
Mony Aroma/Essential Oil Diffuser
Here is another great ultrasonic essential oil diffuser in UK. The one I bought myself is blue. This is a bit different in that it mixes water and essential oil drips. You add a few cup of water and a few drops of essential oil and that will last you a bit less that two hours, which is great I think. I found that this diffuser releases the oil quite strongly in the air, so it;s also a perfect gadget for thwn you are cold.
What you do is simply use it somewhere next to you, or in the bathroom when you take a shower. You inhale the essential oils and help unblock your nose.
H2EO Ultrasonic Diffuser Multi-Colored Lights Diffuser
This is another one that I’ve extensively researched and it’s on my wishlist for birthday or upcoming Christmas! This looks awesome and it seems that the oils dispersed can be felt throughout the entire day or night. It’s quite a modern gadget, it comes with 3 different settings for oil dispersion and 5 settings for the light. Also adding drops of oil doesn’t need to happen very often. Add a few drops every second day and it works non-stop, depending on the settings you choose. I really want this one!
Also if you like quiet machines (without that white noise that I love for meditation) then this is perfect as it’s super quiet. I might use the one I have for meditation and this one when I sleep, since then I don’t really need background noise at all.
Greenair Spa Vapor Advanced Wellness Instant Healthful Mist Therapy
This ultrasonic oil diffuser is another great product that uses essential oils and water for inhaling the healing aroma. The device is relatively inexpensive and it’s made of plastic. So I am not sure how long it will last. But from what I’ve heard, for as long as it’s intact, it work quiet well and powerful.
Top 10 Essential Oils That I Use Mostly
There are tons of essential oils out there and it really comes down to personal preference as well as the healing properties you want out to get when choosing which oils to buy. So here are the oils I am using on a regular basis. If you start using essential oils, start with these and increase with more oils over time, you will not only feel it less on your wallet but you also get the best out of the healing properties of essential oils.
- Lavender oil – It has a calming and relaxing effect on the body when inhaled using a burner or diffuser. Also this is the only oil I actually use directly on the skin on small bruises, cuts or burns.
- German Chamomile – This is also a stress reliever and calming agent. I remember as a child I used to drink lots of chamomile tea when I had a nervous and upset stomach. As an essential oil is a great way to calm the body and the mind.
- Frankincense – I wouldn’t be without frankincense. I use it all the time not only in aromatherapy but also in natural perfumery. In addition I always add it to my diffuser when I meditate.
- Ylang Ylang – Another great oil for its wonderful smell. It is used a lot in perfumery and I love to have it regularly in my burner. It has a dual-effect: if you are too energized, it helps you calm down, but if you are low on energy, it revitalizes you and brings you to full steam. Awesome oil!
- Peppermint – Perfect for relieving headaches and migraines, and it helps with sinuses and congestions when blended in with other oils such as eucalyptus and lavender.
- Eucalyptus – I don’t use it on a daily basis except when I have a sinus problem or I feel that I’m getting a cold. I use it blended with peppermint, chamomile and lavender for a perfect blend for decongestion. The reason I don’t use it when I don’t have a breathing problem is because it reminds me too much of a ‘healing’ product.
- Geranium – Perfect for de-stressing. Can be used on its own or mixed with other related oils to enhance the relaxing effect. Also used in natural perfumery as it smells great.
- Clary Sage – I use it for hormonal balance (PMS anyone?) and de-stressing after a hard day. I love mixing it with ylang-ylang and lavender for best effects and a great smell.
Lemongrass – If you’re surrounded by mosquitos and other insects all day long, then this is a great insect repellant. It does have a nice smell so you can simply enjoy it for its fragrance as well.
- Bergamot – Great air refresher and it smells awesome. I use it a lot in natural perfumery as well. Help with emotional balance and great for relieving stress.